LIFE SCIENCE PRODUCTS
Do you want to be part of a dynamic fast developing company, where you will be working on manufacturing high tech measurement systems for our Life Science department?
About the position:
Your job will be the manufacture of our high-tech measurement systems. This will be partly done in house and will include (fine) mechanical and electronic assembly, software installation, and hardware, software and performance testing. Handling repairs and upgrades are also part of the job. You will be responsible for the quality of every system you wil build and test. As Optics11 Life is constantly developing both new and existing products, you will have to adapt by learning new skills and procedures. This is a job which requires a broad skill set and offer a challenging work environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Has an MBO or BSc degree in electronics or related, or has relevant work experience in this direction;
• Has very good SMD soldering skills and can work with small mechanical parts;
• Has good understanding of electronic circuitry and is able to read electronic schematics;
• Has experience with measuring equipment (e.g. multimeter, oscilloscope, function generator);
• Is precise and can work in a structured way (including documentation);
• Has a good command of the English language in speech and writing;
• Experience with optical fiber optic systems is a plus
• Willing to learn a lot in a short time;
• Excited to work in a constantly developing environment ;
• Not easily frustrated when things are not going according to plan;
• Fulltime available;
• Looking for a long-term commitment.
About the company:
Optics11 was founded in 2011 as a university spin-off. With a promising unique technology based on optical fiber sensing, a first product was built in 2012: an extremely sensitive measurement device that could break new ground in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Since then many more unique sensing products were developed and put in the market. The company now has two business units serving different markets with different products: Optics11 Life and Optics11 Industrial Sensing. The company is now growing rapidly and employs over 50 professionals, with an installed base of successful products all over the world.